I know by now we are all familiar with the green smoothies and juices right? Don’t get me wrong I love each of these dearly, but what if I told you your green smoothie could instead be a bowl of pasta … that would be pretty sweet right?
Well, lucky for you it can! And you’ve heard me say it once and I will continue to say it again: it’s okay to eat carbs.
Your body thrives off of carbs. Carbs are not the enemy as long as you are eating the right carbs! Especially all you females out there, carbs are essential for hormone health.
One thing to keep in mind with this recipe is to remember that I don’t encourage measuring and instead intuitive insight. However, to get you started, I’ve included what feel like approximate measurements of each ingredient. If something doesn’t taste right to you, play around with it until it suits your needs. Remember time in the kitchen is supposed to be fun!
Feel free to make it your own and don’t forget to tag @ambuwellness on Instagram or Facebook!
Superfood Green Pasta Recipe
- 1 package brown rice pasta
- I recommend shells
- 1 small head of kale, washed and chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup flaxseed oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup almonds
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup basil
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- Cook pasta according to packaging
- Blend all ingredients for pesto sauce in high-speed blender and set aside
- Heat a large saute pan with 4 tbsps of filtered water and add chopped kale to lightly steam / saute for about 6 minutes.
- In a large pot add cooked pasta and combine with pesto sauce
- Place desired amount of pesto pasta in a bowl and top with desired amount of kale
- Top with a spoonful of hemp hearts and an extra drizzle of lemon