Several of you are very familiar with my Morning Coffee Replacement cacao beverage and trust me, that is still a favorite! However, I found that I was really missing coffee. When had with intention I actually find the ritual of morning coffee to be very nourishing on a mind body soul level, when not done in excess or out of need. It should be done out of desire for a comforting mug rather than a liquid to help you survive your day.
I started drinking coffee again, shopping for ethically sourced beans, and was loving it! Until the caffeine started negatively affecting me in so many areas. So I switched to decaf and came up with this new superfood coffee recipe that is not only delicious, but carries so many health benefits, I will do my best to name them all below.
One thing to keep in mind with this recipe is to remember that I don’t encourage measuring and instead intuitive insight. However, to get you started, I’ve included what feel like approximate measurements of each ingredient. If something doesn’t taste right to you, play around with it until it suits your needs. Remember time in the kitchen is supposed to be fun!
Feel free to make it your own and don’t forget to tag @ambuwellness on Instagram or Facebook!
Britt’s Superfood Coffee:
- Fill half your mug with decaf coffee
- I recommend Ethos Roasters Maya Decaf
- Froth cashew milk with milk frother and set aside
- Add ½ tsp of the following ingredients to coffee:
- Maca Root Powder
- Cacao Powder
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom
- Add in bit of raw unfiltered honey and stir ingredients together
- I recommend stirring with a handheld frother for better consistency
- Top with milk, sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!
Maca Root Benefits:
- Great source of several important vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin C, copper, and iron
- Good source of carbs and contains a fair amount of fiber
- Boosts libiod and assist in increasing fertility
- Improves your mood
- Provides natural energy and may aid in sports performance
- Helps protect skin from the sun
- Great for a healthy digestion and can reduce symptoms of IBS
- Packed with flavonoids which helps lower blood pressure and improves blood flow
- Reduces risk of diabetes and heart disease
- Reduces inflammation
- Sources of iron, protein, magnesium, potassium, fiber
- Boosts mood and balances root and heart chakra
Lion’s Mane Mushroom Benefits:
- Great for the brain, heart, and gut
- Stimulates the growth of brain cells and boosts mental functioning
- Assists in relieving mild depression and anxiety
- Stimulates and repairs the growth of nerve cells